Ottawa Bluesfest is a non-profit, charitable organization. Our mission is to present a world-class music festival featuring international, Canadian, and local artists in downtown Ottawa each July. We are youth-friendly, community and visitor-focused, culturally-diverse and committed to sustainability and eco-friendly initiatives.
None of it could be done without the commitment of our wonderful volunteers. The award-winning Volunteer Program at Ottawa Bluesfest boasts 3000+ volunteers who support the festival in 38 different areas. We are extremely proud of the hard work and enthusiastic efforts each and every one of our volunteers brings to the program.
Interested in volunteering with us?
Check out our Job Descriptions.
Here’s what we expect from you:
• You must be at least 15 years old by the time the festival starts
• You complete all of the shifts you sign up for—for most areas, that means completing 5 shifts
• You comply with our Volunteer Code of Conduct
• You keep a positive approach to Customer Service
• You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments
• You treat staff, volunteers, patrons, and performers with professionalism & courtesy
Here’s what you can expect to receive from us:
• Free access to onsite festival shows while you’re not on shift
• An updated volunteer t-shirt as your uniform
• A free meal from the Outdoor Blues Café for each shift worked while the festival is open
• An invite to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
• A letter of confirmation for any hours worked for a high school or community requirement (available upon request