The RBC Bluesfest Volunteer Handy-Dandy Cheat Sheet
If you’ve read through all of the resources we’ve given you, but are worried about keeping it all straight as the hot Ottawa sun beats down and the loud music overwhelms your senses, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered! Print off this sheet and keep it with you to refer to in a pinch.
Your Volunteer Services
Anna Wood HR Manager, Volunteer Services
Emily Mason Administration Systems Coordinator, Volunteer Services
Ways to Connect
- Connect via social media
- Develop a rapport with the volunteer Photo Team
- Peek at the Volunteer Newsletter
- Volunteer with a friend
Volunteer Top 10
- Know what you’re signing up for.
- Adhere to our policies about drugs and alcohol.
- Respect patrons, artists and fellow volunteers.
- Respect the privacy of others and the confidentiality of festival information.
- Notify your Area Leader(s) of any absences well in advance.
- Be reliable.
- Report to your Area Leader or Supervisor at the beginning of your shift.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Be present.
- HAVE FUN!
☑ Get mentally and physically ready for your shift
☑ Check the weather & prepare accordingly
☑ Head over to the festival grounds
☑ Wear your volunteer t-shirt
☑ Sign-in at Volunteer Check-In and drop your bag off with Island Ambassadors
☑ Stay green
☑ Participate in the culture of the festival
☑ Check the lost & found (if necessary)
☑ Stay safe!