A #bluesfestvolunteer is anyone 15 years of age or older who is excited to contribute their time, energy and positive attitude to RBC Bluesfest. When thinking about whether volunteering for the festival is right for you, please consider the following:
Requirements for ALL our volunteers:
- meet the shift minimum for your area (in most cases, this is 5 shifts);
- comply with our Volunteer Code of Conduct;
- have a positive approach to customer service;
- desire to contribute to, and be part of the festival;
- thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- treat patrons, performers and other volunteers with professionalism & courtesy.
- free access to festival concerts;
- volunteer t-shirt;
- free meal for every shift worked;
- access to Volunteer Appreciation Party;
- hours worked are eligible for required high school community hours.
I volunteered with RBC Bluesfest last year—when does Early Bird open this year?
If you were part of our team in 2016 and finished the season in good standing (i.e. you completed all the shifts you signed up for, had a good attitude and complied with our Volunteer Code of Conduct), you will receive your Early Bird Invitation by Tuesday, May 16th, 2017. This provides you with the opportunity to return to the Area you volunteered in last year, as well as have first pick of available shifts before public registration opens. Early Bird registration begins Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 @ 7:00 PM and closes on Sunday, May 21st, 2017 @ midnight.
I want to volunteer with RBC Bluesfest—when and how can I sign up?
If you would like to join our volunteer team this year, our online, first-come, first served public registration and sign-up will be available on Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 @ 7:00 PM.
You can read all of our job descriptions HERE.
If you would like to learn more about our Leadership Opportunities, you can find information HERE.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our #bluesfestvolunteer team in 2017. If, after looking through all the info on our website you still have any questions, contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.