So, you want to be a RBC Bluesfest Volunteer?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our festival and our community of dedicated volunteers is one of the greatest things about RBC Bluesfest. Our volunteers are passionate about music, committed to their fellow volunteers and love giving back to their community. If this sounds like you, then we want to see you in July!
What's the next step?
Check out the volunteer requirements below and make sure you can meet all of the expectations:
Here’s what we expect from you:
• You must be at least 15 years old by the time the festival starts
• You can meet ALL of your shift commitments (for most areas, that means completing at least 5 shifts )
• You comply with the Volunteer Code of Conduct
• You keep a positive approach to Customer Service
• You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments
• You treat volunteers, patrons, and performers with professionalism and courtesy
Here’s what you can expect to receive from us:
• Free access to all onsite festival shows
• A unique volunteer t-shirt as your uniform
• A free meal from the Outdoor Blues Café for each shift worked during the festival
• An invite to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
• A letter of confirmation for any hours worked for a high school or community requirement (available upon request)
If it all looks good then your next step is to figure out what area you would like to volunteer for! Look at the diagram below to get a better idea of what area plays to your strengths. For example, if you’re a people person you might be interested in one of the teams that puts you in contact with our patrons, like Info Booth or Beverage Cashiers. If you’re all about the volunteer experience, somewhere in Volunteer Village could be ideal, like Outdoor Blues Café or Volunteer Ambassadors & Bag Check. Found some areas where you could shine? Head on over to the Job Descriptions page to read more about each one!