2022 Early Bird Information
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IN INITLIVE
Welcome back, Early Birds! Please take some time to complete the following steps between Thursday, April 28th @ 4PM and May 12th:
Please review all steps and details carefully:
- CONFIRM you’ve received an email from email@example.com that specifies both your department and your team
- For more details about what teams are in each department, check out our Opportunities page: https://volunteers.ottawabluesfest.ca/rbc-bluesfest-opportunities/.
- LOG INTO your InitLive account between Thursday, April 26th @ 4PM and May 10th: https://app.initlive.com/web-admin/app/#/login
- CLICK on the green “My Opportunities” page on the dashboard to see your Upcoming Opportunities and CHOOSE the Bluesfest 2022 department card that you’re a part of
- Once in the department page, REVIEW the department and team information listed and then CLICK on the yellow “Edit” button
- COMPLETE your Opportunity registration questions and then CLICK the green “Next Step” button at the bottom right of the screen
- PROVIDE your festival Availability by following the screen instructions, then CLICK on the green “Next Step” button
- CIRCLE Wednesday, May 11th on your calendars and prepare for Shift Selection!
If you haven’t received an email from us specifying your team by 11AM on Friday, April 29th, please complete the following steps:
- CHECK your Junk/Spam folder to make sure that our message didn’t end up in there
- ADD the following email addresses to your list of Safe Senders:
- SEND us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Hey, what about me?” so we can make sure you’re on the right team.
- INCLUDE the following details in your email:
- your name (first and last, please!)
- any email addresses you may have used while volunteering with us in the past
- what team you were previously on
- what team you were expecting to be on
- INCLUDE the following details in your email:
Having trouble? Make sure you’re looking in the right spot for help! Check our screenshots below for some fun visual pointers!
- More details about the Early Bird registration process: https://volunteers.ottawabluesfest.ca/2022bluesfestearlybird/
- General volunteer question about the festival: https://volunteers.ottawabluesfest.ca/faq/
- If you don’t think you’ve been added to the right team: email@example.com
- If you are having issues while logging in: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about your team’s responsibilities, specific accommodations or requests: The general contact form for your team’s Area Leader, located within your department’s landing page
1. After you log into your InitLive account, you will see your InitLive dashboard. Click on the green ‘My Opportunities’ button.
2. On your upcoming Opportunities page, CLICK the Team that you belong to. If you are unsure of your team, you should have received an email confirming the Department, Team and role you have been placed in.
3. Once you have selected the Opportunity, you will be brought to the public page which from there you will be able to click the YELLOW button to complete your opportunity level registration and submit your availability.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SELECT YOUR SHIFTS – UNTIL SHIFT SELECTION OPENS MAY 11TH, 2022
4. Please DO NOT use the ‘Contact Manager’ questions or requests. Instead please submit all your volunteer questions and requests to email@example.com.
Please submit any Team related questions to your Area Leader. You can find your Area Leaders email address in the page description section below the ‘Contact Manager’ button.
I can’t choose my shifts!
This part of the process is JUST about completing your Opportunity registration and submitting your festival Availability. Shift selection for Early Birds will be available May 11th-, 2022.
I didn’t receive an email OR I was put on the wrong team—does this mean that I can’t volunteer this year?
Absolutely not! By separating the registration and the shift selection process into two different dates, there is a two week period for interested Early Birds to get any account or email issues sorted before they need to choose their festival shifts.
What is a department? Does my position change now that I am part of a Department?
We have made a few changes in the past couple years off festivals! We have had the time to make many changes to both our festival and volunteer teams! One of our biggest changes was the implementation of Volunteer Departments to better streamline similar lines of work. Departments allow us to better group different positions under one department. All general and privately recruited volunteer positions are placed into a department. Departments are each responsible for different areas/functions of the festival!
For example The Beverage Cashier Team is a Team of general volunteer, who are now part of the Beverage Service Department.
• Beverage Service Department > Beverage Cashier > General Volunteer
• Volunteer Supports > Photo Team > Privately Recruited Volunteer
You can read more about how departments are broken down, as well as the details of your department on our Opportunities page, which you can find by clicking HERE.
When do I choose my shifts? I gave my availability, what is the difference?
Between Thursday, April 28th ’til May 10th Early Birds are asked to complete their Organization level registration and submit their availability. Availability allows us to have a good idea of what our Team will look like this summer, and what areas may require more attention during recruitment.
Shift selection will be available to Early Bird volunteers as of May 11th, 2022.
Did I get switched Teams or did my Team name change?
While many volunteers did change teams due to changes in our volunteer program, we have also updated some team names to better reflect their position and responsibilities!
Some team changes include:
• 50/50 Raffle, Bead Tent and Merch Tent have been merged into Fundraising Ambassadors
• Club VIP and Metropolitain VIP Zone have been merged into VIP Club
• Green Team and Envirodish is now Green Team
• IT Team is now Tablet Support Team
• Photojournalism is now Photo Team
• Volunteer Ambassadors & Bag Check is now Welcome Centre